My posting seems to wax and wane a lot. Most of the time when I think about looking at my blog I feel my creative juices dry up and I quickly do something else.
So this last weekend I went to Duchess by myself. Kristin went to Banff with her mom and her sisters so I went home to help with pumpkin picking and hang out with my family. I wish I had pumpkin pictures to post, but I failed there. This was the first time since I was married that I had been home without Kristin. It was kind of nice to spend the whole long weekend with just my family. Not that I don't enjoy Kristin's family because I really do, but it was nice all the same.
I got to play pool on Nate's new pool table and even got to stay at his house. It was very different to get a look at what living in Duchess as an adult is like. For me it was only growing up and coming back on weekends for "mini-vacations". Anyway there was some good times around the campfire and playing Sega and much family stuff. I quite enjoyed it.
Some sadder news, our cat Marigold has gone missing for over a day now. I think it is because I am a bad parent. If cat ownership is anything like being a parent then I would be a negligent father. I feel bad. Growing up on a farm I am used to cats disappearing all the time, but this is quite a bit different. It's bothering me more than I would have thought. Gotta keep optomistic though...
Thunderbird 31 on Linux
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment