So a lot has been happening lately and I will attempt to give full details here. I know I promised pictures but our camera is currently missing so you will have to wait. So as I briefly mentioned earlier two weeks ago Kristin and I moved to a new apartment.
Before the move:
It is in downtown Calgary in a newer condo building. We are on the 14th floor, though it is technically the 13th...but they won't number it that. 

It has a nice kitchen and a second bedroom so people can stay at our place; though not yet because we need a second bed. The view is also tremendous (though it is a little smoggy in this pic).
We are quite happy here. We have our own washer and dryer, hooray!
It's pretty cool living in a high-rise apartment. I feel like I am in a big city like New York when I look out the window and can see other people in their apartments. I've decided to start naming people. Like the guy next door a floor down who paces back and forth when he smokes on his balconey. He is, of course, The Pacer.
Then, this past week I officially became an uncle. Kristin's sister Larissa and her husband Alex had a baby girl, Selah. She is very cute. Now I'm not totally sure what my new responsiblilities will be as an uncle but I believe it will involve giant pancakes and back-firing automobiles.
This time was surrounded with studying for my Professional Engineer exam which I wrote on Monday. It was an exam on engineering ethics and law that is a requirement for getting my Professional Engineer status. I was pretty stressed out for the whole studying time. The exam went all right, but now I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the results. I also have to make an extensive application and show that I have been doing engineering work for the past 3 years.
Also over the weekend my computer died. I am writing this on an old pentium 1 laptop. Soooo slow.
Thunderbird 31 on Linux
11 years ago
2 comments:
Yes, Jeremy will never gets his hands on our new laptop. It goes with me wherever I go so he cannot put his beloved linux on it. he is stuck with old pente 1- I like to call him old pete. (the computer not Jeremy)(but i guess old pete works for jeremy also)
I believe you also have to microwave socks to dry them and hit golf balls at her creepy boyfriends.
Post a Comment