I am a great fan of Libraries. I love books and love places where I am surrounded by them. In bookstores I feel like I could never afford all those books so I can't enjoy it. But in libraries it's just books and I can take any one I want. However, I have had an experience to shake my faith. I was looking for the 4th book in the current series of books I am reading, "The Death Gate Cycle." However, in the entire Calgary Public Library system not a single copy of this book was available. I spent almost the entire weekend looking through used bookstores with no luck. Finally on Monday evening when I had almost totally despaired of any hope I found a copy at "Fair's Fair" used bookstore. It was the happiest day of my life.* Hopefully the library will not fail me again.
*May not have been the happiest day of my life.
Thunderbird 31 on Linux
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment